Tuesday, June 7, 2016

3 Day Refresh® Day 2 recap

Today was both harder and easier in many ways.   I was at work, with a fairly light client and meeting schedule, and I knew by mid-day I was half-way through the 3 days!   Scheduling my meals, snacks and drinks was a bit easier, however because I was able to put a little more time than the minimum hour between "feedings" I did feel a bit hungry here and there.  I also attribute this to the choices I made from the lists. I started my day with black coffee again-I just can't give it up!   For breakfast I had chocolate Shakeology®  and my fruit portion choice was half a banana, which I ate "ala carte" as I'm not a fan of bananas blended in to anything. Half a banana is not a lot of food, but I should not complain too much as I generally only have the Shakeology® for breakfast, adding blueberries just a few days a week.  

Lunch, which I neglected to snap a pic of, was a veggie portion of green beans, (12) which I sauteed in a healthy fat portion (1 tsp) of olive oil and seasoned with fresh garlic.  My fruit portion was a half cup of grapes.  12 green beans and a half cup of grapes pales in comparison to yesterday's 3 cups of romaine and 12 strawberries-and I was feeling it!  Of course this made drinking my water easy as I needed something to fill me up! 

After work I took a 2.5 mile walk--I would normally do this same route in 5 minute running intervals, but heeded the plan's advice and opted not to do anything too strenuous.  Although I was not feeling the extreme fatigue that I have read many who do the 3 Day Refresh® experience, my walking speed was slower than usual, and no matter how much I tried, I simply could not pick up the pace! This also replaced the 21 Day Fix® Total Body Cardio workout that I would normally do on Monday. 

Afternoon snack (which I had as we were prepping dinner) was hummus with a half-portion of red peppers and a half-portion of cucumbers- hummus with veggies is a snack that regularly appears on my meal plans, as does yesterday's guacamole, and generally as part of meal prep. 

Dinner was "Kale with Pine Nuts" from the Dinner Recipes and a cup of broth with basil and parsley. Kale is also a regular menu item for us so we didn't have to cook two separate meals once again-the only difference was in the final prep of my portion of the kale-and the pine nuts were a great treat!  

I went to bed satisfied, yet not stuffed, and have been sleeping rather soundly.  Two down, one to go!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment